Question
Posted by: Aileen | 2004/10/10

Hair-loss

I have lost about 9 kgs in the last 4 months and have been cutting out red meats, carbs and fats. Have been experiencing excessive hair-loss as a result.
What supplement can I take to stop this from happening?

Dear Aileen
The most common dietary cause of hairloss is a lack of iron. You need to take an iron-folic acid supplement like FerroFolate. However, hairloss can also be caused by other underlying medical conditions, so if it persists do consult a Dermatologist to see if there is another reason for this problem.
Do not starve yourself even if you are losing weight. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and 'Slimming Diet to obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet that is balanced and helps with weight loss without starving you.