Posted by: Leandra | 2008/10/01

hair inhibitor lotions - a scam?

HI Expert could u give yr opinion on these creams, lotions and sprays which claim to ' significantly reduce or even stop the growth of unwanted hair' . Examples being kalo and bio depiless. When i google the topic, half the reviews say these creams work the other half say please whatever u do don' t waste yr money. As an aesthetic expert what is yr opinion? Sadly i can' t afford laser. Anti androgen medication and the birth control pill have not helped me.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Leandra, thank you for the question.

In my opinion if the reviews are mixed it is difficult to assess whether a product works or not. Furthermore, I am not aware of any medical studies that have been performed with the two products you mention (or any others for that matter). The only advice I have for you is to try it and see if it works but I feel that at the end of the day one will need to consider some form of permanent hair removal. If the area is small one can try electrolysis as this may be a cheaper option.