Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2008/01/08

hair growth vitamins

Could you please tell me which vitamins help with hair growth? I have quite healthy hair, and my hair is not thinning, I would just like to optimise the speed at which it grows and keep it healthy. And will these vitamins also help with growing & strengthening my nails?

Dear Lizzy
Iron, a mineral is basically the only nutrient that can influence hair growth and only if you suffer from hair loss that is due to iron deficiency - this does not seem to be the case. If you are eating a well balanced diet it is not necessary to take additional vitamins. The speed at which hair grows is a genetic feature and cannot be influenced by food intake. Hair and nails also grow faster in summer. If you have problems with your nails I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist.

1
Posted by: maria | 2008/03/11

my hair is thining very much and i am only 24yrs old please help!!!

Reply to maria