Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/06/29

Hair falling after pregnancy

Had my baby 4 months ago and a month ago I noticed huge amounts of hair falling, theres loads in the shower, on my pillow etc and I'm highly stressed that it hasn't stopped. can anyone here help?Is this normal? I've tried a few shampoos etc but it aint working

Paula and Samantha are right.

2
Posted by: samantha | 2005/06/30

It's normal. You usually score a beautiful head of thick healthy hair while pregnant, just to lose it after birth or after weaning.
I happened to me, and it stops and your hair volume returns to normal.

Reply to samantha
Posted by: paula | 2005/06/29

It is completely normal and affects some more than others. it seems those hormones that keep hair so beautiful during pregnancy disappear therafter and your hair starts falling out/becomes very dry. It will settle down. Just use a good shampoo and eat healthily to keep the ones you have in good condition!

Reply to paula