Question
Posted by: re | 2003/12/12

hair fall due to winter and stress

i would like to know what is the best food that will help regrow hair, iam 27 .Due to sudden change in the climate, and stress made me lose plenty of hair,i have had beautiful thickhair, now i have lost lots,pl help me.

Re, the most common nutritional problems associated with hair loss are iron and zinc deficiency. In practice, these are probably the only ones causing hair loss. From this you can see that taking hundreds of vitamins, nutrients, microelements etc. (who knows what some of the concoctions contain), will do no good. Biotin for instance, can make your hair grow strong and thick, but it will not stop you from losing hair. If the blood tests for iron and zinc are normal, a nutritional deficiency is not the cause of your hair loss and it should clear up by itself. Good luck.
PS If you're interested in something I wrote a while ago on hair loss, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za.