Question
Posted by: Carun | 2004/10/06

Hair doesn't grow anymore and thinning above forehead. Is Calcium a problem?

I am 30 years old and I may have a calcium defency as my hair is thinning and my nails do not grow. My husband commented on my thinning hair. I have not had children yet and I am confused. I do not smoke. I had thick hair as a child.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Carun
Thinning hair in a female (especially in the forehead region) may be the result of a hormone disorder and I suggest you consult a gynaecologist or physician dealing in hormonal problems.
regarding calcium- the recommended daily allowance for an adult you age is in the region of 1000-1200 mg of calcium a day. This can be supplementd if you think you do not take in enough calcium in your diet. Remember dairy foods are rich in calcium.
I still do not think that this is your problem though and suggest you see a doctor.
Tereza