Question
Posted by: DESPERATE | 2008/01/03

Hair diet

Hi im a black female,26 years of age, i dont know if you can help me but ive been struggling to grow my natural hair for 2 years now,ive started taking Vigro Plus capsules but would like to know which foods i should eat in order to promote growth. Or any other medication that can speed up the process.I AM DESPERATE!

Dear Desperate
I would recommend that you consult a Dermatologist about your hair problem. In some cases hair loss is caused by a lack of iron in the diet, but you need to have tests to determine if you are actually iron deficient, or if the inability to grow your hair is related to some other cause.

1
Posted by: Moroko | 2008/01/04

Nutrients which are particularly beneficial to hair condition:
•Thresh Hold™ MSM is a nutrient which makes up a large percentage of hair content. Many people are deficient in MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) which causes the hair growth to become weak. Use Thresh Hold with MSM daily as a supplement for hair, skin and nails. You can get it at Dischem for R96 for 120 tablets or R 55.96 for 60 tables
•A Vogel Urticalcin tabs is essential to restore hair gloss and growth. This biological plant calcium is easily absorbed into body cells, bringing the necessary balance to the body's need of calcium.
•Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Elixir is an old fashioned tonic which consists of all the main nutrients required during pregnancy, lactation and illness. Bio-Strath Elixir has been used for more than 50 years to restore depleted body cells and to bring body functions, as well as hair, nails and skin to peak condition. Bio-Strath contains all the amino acids and anti-oxidants required by the body after anaesthetics and during cancer treatments.
•A Vogel St John's Tissue Oil is an amazing external tonic to the skin and hair. Massage a little of this oil into the hair and leave overnight. The hair will retain a perfect gloss and sheen with this treatment.
•Take omega 3 oils
•Take overall multi vitamin

Reply to Moroko