Posted by: Embarressed | 2008/09/10

I am 15 weeks pregnant. I had about 2 weeks in my pregnancy where I suffered from constipation, but since then I have been absolutely fine. My problem is extremely embarressing and I really don' t want to go to the doctor. I have a growth between my vagina and anus (on my perennium?) and it looks like an extra clitoris. It does not hurt at all, it has been there for years and hasn' t bothered me at all. But since my pregnancy my anus has been itching extremely badly, especially at night time. I scratch during my sleep, and therefore it is even worse in the mornings. I have since bought Preparation H as I was scared that it is possibly haemorrhoids, although I am not constipated at all. When I showered the other day, I felt a " growth"  just outside my anus. It feels like a piece of skin growing hanging outside of my anus. I know this is not normal, but the 2nd growth I felt, is making me extremely worried, especially since the itchiness just won' t go away. What can this be???? And can I solve it without going to the doctor? Please help me!!

Dear Embarassed
This is probably a hemorroid and skin tag. The itchiness could be due to venous stasis. Please let your Gyne have a look when you go for your next pre-natal examination. Try taking something like Lactulose 10-15 ml at night to keep stool soft, and wash with soap and water after a passing a stool.