Posted by: anxious | 2008/07/16

Thanks for your earlier response to my question about my Proctosedyl suppositories.

So am I right in saying that as long as I stay away from constipation, this should help a lot with my haemorrhoids problem staying under control. I am using a 2nd course at the moment and I could easily get used to using these every day, knowing that I am not going to have any pain, discomfort etc. which does distress me a lot. I just cannot use the ointment, as I cannot use the cannula, its way too sore!

I am thinking of asking my gp to take a look at my problem when I go for my blood tests on 02/08.

Thanks again.

Hi Anxious
Yes you should be able to manage this without operation if you keep bowels soft and prevent straining.