Question
Posted by: Wawa | 2005/06/07

Haemorrhoids

I think I have piles. There is swelling in my anal area but no pain or itching. I am afraid that the swelling will get bigger. I am using Preparation H but I dont know if it will help. I am scared to see a doctor. When should I start worrying?

Please advise

Wawa, it is probably due to haemorrhoids, but it might also be due to an anal tear or abscess, a fissure, polyps, diverticula, inflammatory bowel diseases and even tumours. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure. If you’re interested in something I wrote on haemorrhoids you’re welcome to mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.