Question
Posted by: J | 2003/01/16

Haemorrhoid, but why & how?

Hi Doc,
I'm only 29 years old, exercise regularly, eat lots of fruits and veggies, drink lots of water, I'm not constipated but I just got a haemorrhoid! Why? How? What can/should I do about it?
(It's external and sensitive)

J, it didn’t necessarily develop because of something you did. If you’re interested in more info, you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll forward you an article I wrote a while ago. Good luck.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/18

This site has excellent info on haemorrhoids. Go to A-Z of diseases and click on H and you will find it there. It gives you everything you want to know about haemorrhoids.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/16

Haemorrhoids are so common it's unreal. Try Scheriproct suppositories - they work well, but you can only get them with a prescription. I have been battling with internal haemorrhoids for quite a while now and am using an ointment prescribed by my specialist surgeon. He said just last week when I went to see him, that they avoid surgery unless it is really necessary and treat haemorrhoids with diet and creams/ointments. He also said the minor procedures such as tying, etc are not successful.

Reply to anxious