Question
Posted by: Bek | 2007/07/23

Haemorhoids

Ho Dr,

I have suffered from piles for about 8 months now, i have tried probably every laxative on the market. I am fine for a week or two and then constipation causes severe pain and bleeding. I have been to two seperate doctors and the latest one said to me that it does not feel big enought to operate. If i change my diet will i be able to manage this? If not what will an operation like this cost? i am not on medical aid. I am at the stafe where i will do anything.
thank you kindly

Dear Bek

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

If you should change your diet, as well as use a mild laxative to keep you regular and the stools soft, the condition can resolve by itself. If you are considering to remove the haemorhoids, you should consult a Surgeon. He/she will be able to inform you about the cost involved.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: bek | 2007/07/24

Please can you recommend a mild laxative? Thank you for your advice.

Kind Regards

Reply to bek