Question
Posted by: Malcom X | 2007/08/11

Haemmoroids

I have a past history of haemmoroids, they tend to 'pop-up' once/twice a year since I was about 19 years old (I'm now 23). They are almost always external and after treatment (I use Preperation H ointment) go away within about 2 weeks.

About 1 month ago they re-emmerged but this time internally. The only discomfort I get is when I pass stools. Sometimes I do find small traces of blood, but only after I pass stools. I then changed my diet slightly (I am a healthy eater any way!) and drank more water as has been previously recommended to me. After 2 weeks I decided to get treatment and was given 'Xyloproct' ointment by a pharmacist (I'm currently living in a European city and they don't have 'Preperation H'). However, after a further 2 weeks I found minimal relief, which I think is not surprising considering that 'Xyloproct' is not a suppository!

Please could I be advised as to what to do next! The only pain I get is when I pass stools so I'm not in any discomfort but I am concerned that they haven't gone away yet!

Thank you for your time!

Malcom X

Dear MalcomX
See if you can find Scheriproct suppositories to use once a day?

1
Posted by: Malcom X | 2007/08/13

Ok, but in the meantime is it advisable to continue using the Xyloproct if the bleeding has increased (as I've recently noticed!)?

Reply to Malcom X