Question
Posted by: MM | 2007/03/08

Had x-rays done not knowing I'm pregnant

Please help. I just found out by home test that I'm pregnant (my gynae appointment only in two weeks time, so this can't wait that long, I'm worried sick). I had a mouth X-ray done within the last week at the dentist, whereafter my molars were removed. I am so worried that the x-rays harmed my baby as the dental assistant asked me if I'm pregnant before taking the x-rays?

It takes a large number of X-rays to cause harm. You should be okay.

3
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/09

Also, I'm sure you will, but mention this to your doctor when you have your consult. Or better yet give him/her a call to put your mind at ease, that's what your doc is here for:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: LOu | 2007/03/08

You should be fine, as the x-ray was in the mouth area, but do post on the preggie site for confirmation.

Reply to LOu
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/03/08

HI I THINK YOU SHOULD POST THIS ON THE PREGNANCY CHAT LINE THEY ARE GREAT HELP THERE

Reply to Michelle