Question
Posted by: Cat | 2007/08/13

had sex with a girl that sleeps around

my son had sex with a girl that is known to have slept around. He said he used a condom but he still insists on getting tested I'm not sure if he's telling me everything. Do I just take him to a doctor for a blood test and tell the the reason for the test? or do I have to go someplace just for that kind of testiong?

Expert ImageTeen expert

You can go to your family doctor who can do the test for him, and can also screen for other STI's

It would also be worth discussing with your son that he should give thought about who he has sexual relationships with and to always ensure he uses a condom.

You do not state how old your son is but the legal age for sex in RSA is 16 years old.

6
Posted by: PLAYA | 2007/08/29

SLEEPING AROUND IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE,BUT DID THEY REALLY USE A CONDOM?MY ADVISE IS GO FOR A TEST

Reply to PLAYA
Posted by: just me | 2007/08/28

Rumours are usually bigger than what they seem, dont jump into conclusions about him having a std, if he is lucky he might not have anything but must be more careful in future

Reply to just me
Posted by: hhhh | 2007/08/28

must agree djfk

Reply to hhhh
Posted by: djfk | 2007/08/24

Woow check how the finger has been pointed at 'the girl who sleeps around'. This woman's son also sleeps around but well...

Reply to djfk
Posted by: Jay | 2007/08/13

Yep, there are also HIV testing centres where you have to do compulsory pre and post-test counseling. Never a bad idea.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: Cee | 2007/08/13

Hi cat
I suggest yoy take him to the doctor and tell the doc what you know. They can test him there for any std's and hiv. Good luck.

Reply to Cee