Question
Posted by: TK | 2004/12/21

Had sex 5 dys after mensturation

I started Diane and Reaccutane on the first day of my mensturation as directed by the doctor. I had sex with my fiancee 5 days after my mensturation. What are the chances of falling pregrant? Im on Reaccutane, i cant afford to fall pregnant now. Please advise

You definitely should not fall pregnant on Roaccutane. You are safe after 7 active pills. If you had sex before this time, you were not properly protected, so you will have to wait and see whether your period comes when expected to know whether you are pregnant or not.

3
Posted by: science | 2004/12/22

As far as I know, you should (by 'law' so to say) be using 2 forms of contraception while on Roaccutane. Its a pity that almost half of all doctors don't enforce this, as this is actually a prerequisite for any woman of childbearing age before being give a script for Roaccutane.

Reply to science
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/21

Just wondering, I'm sure she doesn't need a lecture right now. It isn't always possible to have protection available when the need arises (pardon the pun).

TK, the most fertile time of your cycle is between days 12 - 18, day 1 being the first day of bleeding. If you say that you had intercourse on day 5 after your period then it could have been around day 11 of your cycle, assuming your period lasted 6 days. Remember that sperm can survive for up to 3 days in the vagina so the possibility of conception does exist. I would suggest that you wait it out, and take a HPT (home pregnancy test) if you do not get your period on time.

Good luck.

Reply to FH
Posted by: Just wondering | 2004/12/21

Why did you not use protection (condoms) if you cannot afford to fall pregnant now?

Reply to Just wondering