Question
Posted by: Lester | 2006/11/13

H-Pylori

Good day Doc,

I have a few things I want to clear for myself, Firstly have been
a upgrowm level of stomacj problems, symtoms - bloatedness mainly just below my breast always, sometimes constipated and
burningfeel and a just overall feeling that my digestive system is
not inbalance and Bad breath,

Dr says have Gastrisitis , but what is causing it , have read an article about a man that have received several tests said 8 times
but al they came up with is gastrisitis.Theyn tested for H-pylori
and all the test was negative, after so much had gone through
nothing or the test said their were know h-pylori infection.

He then wanted antiobitics for the bacteria and said after 3 weeks all his syptoms sibsided and to this day dont know if it were the bacteria or something else.Also took him 4 years.

I also had 2 tests - endoscopes and all came back that is was gastisiits - inflamation of stomach lining,Also been tested for H-pylori - negative but the thing is I have been using lancoloc just before the tests was done could this be interfereing in the results.

Dr do you think it could be this and I only need antibiotics or
what do you think would be the next to follow.
Is their other test that I can do without endoscope , don;t know if I can stand a nother one.....
Please help,,

Dear Lester
Ask your GP to prescribe the antibiotics for you as a "therapeutic test" with triple therapy using metronidazole, clarithromycin, and amoxicillin.
You may find this interesting: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hpylori/