Posted by: Bruce | 2004/10/02

Gynecomastia- lump under niplle

You see, when I was 14, I developed a lump under my rightnipple, It lasted for about 6 months and then disappeared.It later reappeared when I was 18 years old and it has been there ever since. I am now 22 and it has still not gone.It is round, just as round as my nipple, it is abit like adisk shaped lump. I have also had a slight increase inbreast mass in that breast. However it is not painful oranything. I feared that it was some form of cancer but Ihad no symptoms and it can't be cancer since I have had itfor 4 years- I have had no bloody discharges, no redness orpain, no nipple inversion and no loss of weight or anythingof that sort. I am a normal active 22 year old. I work outregularly( I DO NOT take any muscle building supplements),I just eat right, I am 1.82 m tall, 79 kgs in weight. Ihave fairly big biceps as well.Anyway, with regards to the lump, I recently researched iton the internet and found out that it could be a conditioncalled gynecomastia. That is how I found your email at Pfizerof the sites. Anyway This lump may not be painful but it ishindering me, in that it is causing just my right nipple tobulge out and it is abit embarrasing to go to the beach orwear a vest. Also, I recently started modelling andrecently my co-ordinator has asked me to model without myshirt since I am in fairly good shape. However, I haveavoided him since then because I cannot show my body whilemy breast
looks like that.

SO, What cure is there for this?

apart from surgery, i believe testosterone cream does help, but where can i get it from. no pharmacy seems to stock it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Bruce

Any lumps and growths require professional investigation. Please do not try and diagnose the problem yourself. Seek the advice of a health practitioner such as a good homeopath or naturopath asap.

Kind regards.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.