Posted by: gynecomastia | 2007/05/12


through research, i have concluded that i have adolescent gynecomastia. i am 15, though, and i have seen that this can happen as a result of hormone changes. there are sore lumps, quite large currently, and puffed out nipples. I have also read that people suffer with this for years, or until it goes down natrually. I cannot wait years, it is very embarrasing, and i am a keen swimmer. I feel i cannot engage in activities that invole taking off my shirt. apart from anything else, they HURT when touched!!! i want them GONE!!! what should i do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Gynecomastia
Ask your mom to please make an appointment for you with an urologist. They need to test your testosterone levels. If normal they may be able to help you by using anti-estrogen medication like Tamoxifen or Danazol or Chlomiphene.
If the medication does not help, surgery may be an option.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: gynecomastia | 2007/05/12

oh and by the way, i've had this for a few months, and recently, they've become a bit more sore to the touch. is this a sign? does that mean its going away or getting worse?

Reply to gynecomastia

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.