Posted by: johann | 2005/06/08


I suffer from this disease and heard about a treatment called andractim testosterone cream. Does it work, is a perscription needed and is it available in RSA

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Johann, it contains androstanolone . Androstanolone is formed naturally in the body from testosterone by the action of 5á-reductase, and is more active than the parent compound. It has anabolic and androgenic properties and is applied topically in the form of a 2.5% gel for male hypogonadism, gynaecomastia, and for lichen sclerosus in both men and women.
As far as I know it isn’t available in SA and I can’t tell you whether it is effective or not. If it is available you will probably need a prescription for it. The easiest would be to ask your pharmacist to check on his computer. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.