Question
Posted by: johann | 2005/06/08

Gynecomastia

I suffer from this disease and heard about a treatment called andractim testosterone cream. Does it work, is a perscription needed and is it available in RSA

Johann, it contains androstanolone . Androstanolone is formed naturally in the body from testosterone by the action of 5á-reductase, and is more active than the parent compound. It has anabolic and androgenic properties and is applied topically in the form of a 2.5% gel for male hypogonadism, gynaecomastia, and for lichen sclerosus in both men and women.
As far as I know it isn’t available in SA and I can’t tell you whether it is effective or not. If it is available you will probably need a prescription for it. The easiest would be to ask your pharmacist to check on his computer. Good luck.