Question
Posted by: Owami | 2007/12/03

GyneaDoc pls advise!!

firstly is it possible that the hpt can give false negetive result? I last had my periods in september & I've been doing hpt all came negetive. on sartuday i went 2c my physician and we did another test and still negative. I am 27 and never used contraceptives. Do I have a medical condition? will it be easy to fall pregnent in the future? how can periods just stop without one being pregnent? I am so danm scared - I want to be someone's mom.

It is possible for pregnancy tests to give false negative results. However, there are other causes for missed periods - cysts, hormone imbalances, thyroid problems. These all need to be investigated.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

I have been married for 3 years and have been with my man for 5 years. We have a normal sex life but over the last month or two I have noticed that I have a pink discharge after sex. It'  s like something got bruised inside and is bleeding, but I never bleed. It'  s just pink and it stays that way for 24 hours afterwards until it completely dissapears - until the next time we have sex.
I am 26 and don'  t have kids and even though he is bigger than normal guys, this has never happened before.
Is this something to worry about?

Posted by: Hopeless | 2009/03/22

This is going to sound way beyond ridiculous.
I' m a virgin, but I have been married for 3 months.
I' m 18 years old and cause of my family' s religion, we are catholic, I forced to marry at the age of 16, but managed to refuse and postphone the wedding until i was 18. I am in matric this year and not only is it a huge embarrassment to be married to a guy that i don' t love - my father decided on the match - the worst is i' m not very experienced in th bedroom, at all. I have only kissed a couple of guys in my life and i have never been intimate with a man before, no man has ever even touched my breasts. Here is the problem, I am so bloody scared of losing my virginity, that it might hurt and the bleeding, the stories scare me. My husband is growing impatient, and its making him more aggressive than usual. I cant speak to my parents about it seeing as they think " the deed"  was done on my wedding night - i backed out. My second problem is, Im in matric and plan on studying next year, I have no time for a baby, my husband supports this. What contraceptive should i use? My friends at school recommend " triphasil"  ? Do I need a perscription for it? I cant stand to face my doctor with this embarrassing news. My husband has suggested condoms, but what if they break or something goes wrong? I honestly dont know what to do anymore, im too scared of what to do when it comes to sex, i dont know how to react or what positions to use. please please i desperately need some advice urgently!

Reply to Hopeless