Question
Posted by: paula | 2005/07/04

gyneadoc-endometriosis

You mentioned that the pain that i keep getting in my abdomen could be endometriosis. Should that not have been picked up via the two scans that i have had this year? If not, how am i supposed to know if i do suffer from that. Please dont make me even more worried!

Endometriosis can only be diagnosed at llaparoscopy. If it was a possibility, there would usually be some indication on examination that would make your doctor investigate further.

1
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/04

Endo can not be seen on a scan.
You have to have a laparoscopy to detect if you have endo or not.
You have to discuss this with your gynae. He/She would know best if there is a possibiltiy and will advise you what to do.
I never had any abdominal pain, but endo was discovered when I went for a laparoscopy.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions...

Reply to Pokkel