Question
Posted by: NotPreg | 2004/11/19

GynaeDoc separated into Pregnancy and Gynaecology on Experts?

Is there any chance of splitting GynaeDoc into a section purely for general gynaecology and a separate one for fertility and pregnancy? many of the more general gynaecology-related questions never get answered as 90% of the questions posted are chats between pregnant women or those trying to fall pregnant?

All questions are answered except those which are "social".
you could e-mail your suggestions about splitting the site to the Health24 management.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/22

I also think it would be a good idea to split the site.

I think what happens is that people answer questions when they have had the experience themselves, which with pregnancy and TTC, most of the regulars on the site can answer many of the questions, but the general gynaecology questions are not something we've all experienced so they wait for gynaedoc's response.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Also regular | 2004/11/19

I hear your concern, my opinion is that sometimes the other ladies on the site does not have an answer to the gynaecology questions and that is why they remain unanswered until gynaedoc gives them an answer. The ttc issue and pregnancy issue - obviously a lot of ladies can give advise on these topics, since they have useful info to share.

Also there is a lot of postings regarding exactly the same thing - example "ovulation" . There are tons of information in the archives, and people should read the archives first before posting to the site. Also read the other postings of the day to see if maybe someone else asked the same question. I personally always try to answer all questions, but I ignore postings where the questions are much better explained in the archives.

If people start reading the archives we will have far less postings every day.

just my opinion....

Reply to Also regular
Posted by: regular | 2004/11/19

I appreciate what you're saying, and I also think it's a good idea. I must say however that gynae doc DOES answer ALL questions, sometimes it just takes time.

Reply to regular