Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2005/07/19

GynaeDoc, Please answer my question, Im really worried

Dear Doc,

I went to my gynae recently, because I had a painful lump in my groin (it's where the leg joins at the top, right next to my vagina). When I went to her to ask her what it was, she said it was from me shaving my bikini line. I haven't shaved since then and It has now come back, it is quite painful. I had a papsmear done at the same visit and everything came back normal. Could you please shed some more light on this, or suggest what I do next.

Kind Regards
Cindy

It sounds like a lymph gland or infected hair follicle. You will have to go back to your doctor to see what it is. It may be necessary for antibiotics.

2
Posted by: Cindy | 2005/07/19

Dear Sunshine

thank you for your reply! It has come and gone before, but everytime it comes back it gets bigger and bigger! I will just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Cindy

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/19

Hi, i think its the same thing i had......it was the most painful and irritating thing ever, mine got so bad and so painful that i could hardly walk. it eventually will turn to a blister sort of a thing and the puss starts cumming out but mines never got better so i went to a gynea. she said its sometimes hair folicles that are ingrown that cause an infection and thus the painful lump.if i were u suffer until it goes away cos after what this dr did to me i dont think id ever go back in a hurry.....oh and just by the way it was the 1st time i went to her cos my dr was booked out and i couldnt stand the pain. she said she was going to take a pin and make a small hole in it and let the puss come up and i wont feel a thing, instead she sprayed something on it to numb it and then took her surgical knive and cut me right across..........she said i wouldnt feel a thing but i felt the pain rush to my head.........and the just saw blood flying everywhere......she then pressed it out and took some white seed like thing out as big as a 5c coin out. she just put something on it and then covered it with gauze and cotton wool and that was it ........trust me you dont want to go through it.........leave it alone..............suffer with it rather as maybe it will go away eventually.................and it doesnt only happen if you shave........it could happen at anytime that a hair becomes ingrown ..........just thoought id let you know just incase they want to drain your too

Reply to Sunshine