Question
Posted by: Pip | 2007/05/05

Gynaedoc: Anterior placenta

I have an anterior placenta and would like to know whether I can damage or injure it by pushing on it - obviously not too hard ... I am now 22 weeks pregnant with my second baby - gave birth to a stillborn son at 36 weeks last year... this baby seems to have quietened down over the past 3 days or so - which was an indication of a problem with my previous baby... I am being paranoid now or is it too early for me to try and establish a routine this this little baby!... i'm so scared!... I really don't know how i am going to get through the next 16 weeks...

You cannot damage the placenta by pushing on it. Only severe trauma, such a blow to the abdomen, can do this. Fetal movements are not very regular at 22 weeks. If you sit down quietly a few times a day and just concentrate on the movements, you will probably feel them.