Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2004/12/08

Gynae related question?

I need advice, I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant, I phoned the only gynae in our region today just for a general checkup and the lady said that I need a referal letter from my doctor to be able too see him, WHY? Is this normal procedure? I'm originally from Durban and living in Newcastle and HATE every minute of it. Sorry for the complains but it's very frustrating living in a dorp without proper medical care.

Blondie

In small towns, many GPs are trained to deal with normal pregnancies, and gynaecologists only see complications.

3
Posted by: CW | 2004/12/09

Dizziness, Hot Flushes, Swollen Tummy in appendix region (had same removed 1 yr ago), back pain, Cold Sweats, Hiccups, Nauseous, Butterfly Feeling, No missed periods - any idea?

Reply to CW
Posted by: Milda | 2004/12/08

I know that my medical wanted a referral otherwise they would not pay for my visits to the gynae.

Hope it helps

Reply to Milda
Posted by: Suzie | 2004/12/08

definately no no no its not a normal procedure, is there any other gynae that you can try.

Reply to Suzie