Question
Posted by: Tash | 2003/12/12

Gynae recommendations

I have recently discovered that i am a few weeks pregnant.I have no idea when to see a doctor or where to find a good gynae.Please help me with some names and numbers of johannesburg based gynaes(female).When should i pay my first visit and what should i check-up for?
Thanks for your help.

I cannot give recommendations on this site. You can ask your GP to refer you or speak to your friends and find out who to go to. There is also a Find a doctor section on this site. The first visit is usually between 6 and 10 weeks, earlier if you have had any problems in previous pregnancies or have any medical problems.

1
Posted by: Dalene | 2003/12/15

Hi Tash, if you live on the Westrand there is a very nice gynae at Flora Clinic (just of 14th Avenue). Her name is Elna Loock, 475 5419, or Dr. Reniet Rossouw in the Medfem Clinic, opposite Sandton Clinic 706 1161.
Good luck and ENJOY!

Reply to Dalene