Posted by: Zee | 2008/06/25

Gynae or Fertility Specialist


I hope you can help me with this. I have been trying to conceive my second child for almost three years now with no luck ( I have even been on clomid for 11 cycles and currently taking a break).

About 5 months After having my daughter, who is five years old now, I fell pregnat again and due to personal reasons the pregnancy was terminated. The termination was extremely painful and the doctor conducting the procedure commented on the size of the foetus (that it was bigger than he had thought).

Because of the above I have had a niggling feeling that my failure to concive is a result of the termination. I am currently seeing a therapist (for PAS) and she has suggested that I see a doctor who can do the necessary test and advise whether or not the termination actually caused damage which is preventing me from conceiving.

I am not sure whether I should consult with a gynae or a fertility specialist about the above.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Fertility specialist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Zee | 2008/06/30

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it.

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/06/25

See a FS - you may have some scar tissue which is preventing another pregnancy.

Reply to Dee GTC
Posted by: Nix GTCTG | 2008/06/25

I would go straight to a fertility specilist

Reply to Nix GTCTG

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.