Question
Posted by: shy | 2006/07/19

Gynae in Stellenbosch area

I am 26 and have never been to a gynae before. I am an EXTREMELY shy person (I am quite hairy) and this is an extremely daunting thought that I have to do this.
Can anyone recommend a gynae doctor in the stellenbosch are that will make me feel comfortable? Can anyone tell me what to expect?

I would be so grateful for any advise.

I cannot make recommendations on this site.

2
Posted by: caring | 2006/07/20

Try Dr Du Toit. He is very good. I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years - my baby is now 10 months old. I have recommended some of my colleagues to go to him also and they are very pleased with him. His number is 021 8871555. Go girl!!

Reply to caring
Posted by: Sarah | 2006/07/20

Hi there shy

No need to worry about going to a gynae. We all feel the same, but to these gynaes we are just their day job, so to call it. They have seen everything, and there is nothing that they are not used to. I go to Dr van Waart, he is based next to Stellenbosch Medi Clinic. have been with him for four years, since my first pregnancy and I will never consider going to someone else. He is a very caring, professional person. Do you want to go for a papsmear, if i may ask? Its not that bad, its not sore, if thats what you worry about.

Reply to Sarah