Question
Posted by: asphyxiation | 2007/12/02

Gynae fear - Mirena

I'm a lesbian who has never slept with a man. Due to endometriosis and dysmenorrhea, my gynae recommended a Mirena. This was done 2.5yrs ago. I had it done in her office, without any form of painkillers. She left me in tears - very humiliating and PAINFUL. When I gathered myself and stood up, I vomited and, from the pain, passed out in her office where her assistant later found me. For obvious reasons, I've never been back. And now I'm terrified of gynaes.

My partner is unable to feel the strings. Sex is painful. When I am stressed, I get extreme cramps that feel like period pains. Are these related to the Mirena?

How urgent is it that I have this little contraption checked out? I cannot bear the thought of opening my legs to a dr again. Just thinking about it sends me into a panic attack.

If the strings are not felt, you need to have it checked. The cramps may be a spastic colon. They are unlikely to be related to the Mirena.

1
Posted by: cc | 2007/12/03

I would definitly have it removed- just find the right Gynea- i had mine removed about three months ago- and it didnt hurt one bit. Make sure its a female doc, and do your research- get a recommendation, and when you do go and see her/him tell them about your previous experience- i also had mayor cramps and pain during sex and ever since i had it removed i have had none of those issues.
Best of luck

Reply to cc