Question
Posted by: GG | 2007/03/08

Gynae exam

hi.,
i read on another site that a retal exam is quite normal when going for a check up at the gynae. is this true?

It is not routine and would only be done in certain circumstances ( suspicion of cancer, age, etc)

3
Posted by: GG | 2007/03/09

thanks ladies! i'm going for my first check-up ever and the last thing i want is that sprung on me! hehe..

Reply to GG
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/09

Sometimes rectal exam is performed to check the womb, but it's not part of the normal protocol and is only done when the doctor suspects a problem:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/09

Definately NOT normal, I have been going to a top Gynaes for over 20 years and not once has this EVER been suggested !

Reply to Karen