Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/03/13

Gynae Doc Pls advise - Provera

I went to my gynae last week who says that i have a cyst. I was a week last on my period when i went ot him and says that the cyst had caused that. He gave me plenty medication. And told me that whilst i am on provera i will not be expecting my period for another 21 days. However since i started the medication i have had a very light period (spotting) continuiously for the last 6 days. Is this suppose to happen or should i phone him for another appointment? Please advise. Worried

I don't think that you need another appointment at the moment. The irregular bleeding is probably related to the cyst and should resolve when it has gone.