Question
Posted by: mom23 | 2007/06/06

Gynae doc, please help.

H there.

Ive been told that my placenta has started to calcificate. I'm so so worried. Cause in my preception, it means that my baby is not going to get the right amount of food/nutrients for her to grow.
I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant, and is suffering from high bloodpressure. It's cause of the high bp, that my placenta is calcificating.

What does that exactly mean? what is the risks? how bad, how quickly can ones placenta become so bad that ones baby is in danger?

JUst a few questions. I'm so worried. Seeing my qynae in a weeks time, but the worrying don't stop though...

PS: I've just gain 2kg so far. I'm eating so much, it doesn't make sense. any words?

mom23

It is probably the high blood pressure that is causing the problem with the placenta. You are right to worry, but I am sure that your doctor is monitoring you carefully. If it does become critical, it may be necessary to deliver you early.