Question
Posted by: Angel | 2008/06/04

Gynae - could he be wrong

Hi, I am trying to fall pregnant for the last 3 years, I had my 2nd lapscope in Jan . I have only 1 tube & an inverted uterus. The problem lies with me but my doc suggested that my hubby get tested before he can offer us a solution.My friends say - nonsense, as their hubbies did not need to go for tests when their docs found something wrong with the female. Must I go to another gynae ? How can I get Fertimed without going back to my doc.

Dear Angel
The advise given by your gynaecologist is accurate in that the fact that there is a problem with the female does not exclude a concomitant male factor problem as well. If your partner is reluctant to do a sperm analysis at the laboratory or at a fertility centre, then he may start with a home sperm analysis kit. This will at least give some idea of whether there is a sperm problem or not. I certainly do not advise you to use fertimed or equivalent drugs without supervision and also to bear in mind that these are prescription drugs and should be obtained from a duly qualified practitioner.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/05

You should definitely get your hubby tested as it may give you more clues as to why you havent conceived yet.

Reply to Dee