Posted by: Angel | 2008/06/04

Gynae - could he be wrong

Hi, I am trying to fall pregnant for the last 3 years, I had my 2nd lapscope in Jan . I have only 1 tube & an inverted uterus. The problem lies with me but my doc suggested that my hubby get tested before he can offer us a solution.My friends say - nonsense, as their hubbies did not need to go for tests when their docs found something wrong with the female. Must I go to another gynae ? How can I get Fertimed without going back to my doc.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Angel
The advise given by your gynaecologist is accurate in that the fact that there is a problem with the female does not exclude a concomitant male factor problem as well. If your partner is reluctant to do a sperm analysis at the laboratory or at a fertility centre, then he may start with a home sperm analysis kit. This will at least give some idea of whether there is a sperm problem or not. I certainly do not advise you to use fertimed or equivalent drugs without supervision and also to bear in mind that these are prescription drugs and should be obtained from a duly qualified practitioner.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/05

You should definitely get your hubby tested as it may give you more clues as to why you havent conceived yet.

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.