Question
Posted by: Liza | 2003/12/12

Gynae check up

I'm 23. I have never bee to a Gynae. When is the best time to start going?

When you become sexually active, or if you have any problems such as heavy periods.

1
Posted by: Blommie | 2003/12/12

If you are sexualy active you should start going now. If not my advise is to go for a check-up. I feel that if you have a fund that would pay and you are concerned about anything the best person to visit is your Gynae. Just make sure that you will be confortable with the one you pick. Decide if the Gynae should be male or female. The best way I found to find a Gynae was to ask around about other ladies doctors and getting as musch information as possible about the person. Every person has her own idea of a good doctor you should know whith what kind of person you will feel confortable.

Good Luck with your first visit. I promise you it sounds worse than what it really is. This is my opinion.

Reply to Blommie