Question
Posted by: Jen | 2008/01/08

Gynae App

I have never been for a gynae appointment and think it is about time I went. I would like to know when is the best time to book an appointment (ie in terms of one's cycle) and what can I expect from just a regular appointment. I have had an HIV test, will they require me to have another one there?

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

2
Posted by: Bianca | 2008/01/08

Hi Jenn You can expect to feel a little uncomfortable the first time, but remember the doc has done this a thousand times. He will feel your breasts for lumps, and then inspect your vagina and feel the outside and inside, he will then do a papsmear which is sometimes a little uncomfortable and you may also have an internal scan,its all over in about 15 minutes and you can get dressed again. Dont fret just one of those things we have to do regards Bianca

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/08

No they wont ask you for an HIV test... Go anywhere except for your period week, since its just a regular check up.

It will be fine! good luck!

Reply to LL