Question
Posted by: Peter | 2003/02/27

gymming effect growth

I am 16 years old. I still want to grow in height so I was wondering if going to gym will effect this. If I just work my arms surely it won't or will it?

HI Peter

Malnourishment could result in stunted growth, but if you lead a healthy lifestyle, eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly, you should reachyour genetically-determined height. Exercise won't actually make you taller than you should be naturally (genetically).

Keep up the exercise - but do an all-over programme (cardiovascular and resistance training) - not just your arms!