Posted by: Little_Devil | 2008/09/09

Gym to death

I used to go to the gym every weekday. Really enjoyed it and I gained 10 kg which was a good thing since I was a scrawny kid.

My problem was that I kept getting sick often. Flu every now and again and even landed in hospital with pneumonia twice. Also got a lot of urinary infections and so on. I didnt account this to gyming until our gym closed down and I didnt want to travel a ways to go to another one. Since not going to gym every day, Ive not been ill once in over a year now.

The gym is now reopening and Im trying to weigh the pros and conns. I do not sleep as well as I used to while gyming and have lost some weight, but not all. Im tired more often and know its couse im not as active as I was.

Is it worth risking falling ill more often or getting a good work out?

Dear Little_Devil
There are 2 possible causes for the infections - either you exercise too hard to soon, suppressing your immunity or you don't spray your hands with antiseptic spray in between equipment (as equipment can be terrible bacteria carriers) The gym should be providing the spray to use. Start slow and work up gradually, and see how it goes?