Question
Posted by: Gym- knee | 2004/02/03

Gym-sore knee

After doing squats me knee starts aching.It is the right knee and the tendon/muscle running to the right of my kneecap.It feels stiff and when messaging it my fingers sort of jumps over the sore muscle.Is that an infection and how can i treat it at home.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Gym-Knee

Start by icing the area when it is hurting(10 minutes at least)

But for doing the squat you need to make sure your form is correct - if your middle back is lacing flexibility, especially on the right, it will influence the function of your knee, so make sure it is both flexible and it is in good position while doing your squat.

Douglas

1
Posted by: ouch | 2004/03/08

Weakness behind my knee after sitting but would go away after walking awhile. Now no weakness, just a constant throbbing and sore to the touch.

Reply to ouch