Question
Posted by: Norm | 2006/07/13

Gym routine

I read somewhere that it was better to train weights in the mornings and do cardio in the afternoons/evenings. Is there any truth to that? Does it matter which u do first, if you're doing both in the same day???

Dear Norm,

Your body will adapt to any physical stress, whatever time you workout. I have not heard of any apparent benefit to performing weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon: the intensity and duration of your workout would likely be more important than the timing. As long as you give yourself adaquate recovery in between workouts to allow appropriate adaptations to occur, it doesn't matter what exercise you do when. Go with whatever suits you.

Good Luck