Question
Posted by: Andi | 2006/10/26

Gym results

I started gym two months ago. I go 5 days a week. The first two weeks I focused quite a bit on cardio but decided to go over to weights the third week. I am seeing results very quickly. I have firmed up and toned up really well.

My question is that my clothes are NOT fitting any better. As a matter of fact it feels as if they are TIGHTER. why on earth would that be?

I'm following a high protein style diet . I eat enough but certainly not too much. I don't eat inbetween...so it's definitely not my eating patterns. I am using CLA. I wear a 34 pants and had picked up weight and was finding my clothes were tight. That's one of the reasons that I jumped in and started gym. But why are the clothes tighter now that I am working out hard and really watching my food intake????

ps....I'm loving the gym!

Hi Andi

perhaps you are increasing muscle size as a result of your training. You have even indicated that you are seeing results from toning, so it's quite conceivable that your clothes fit tighter because of this. The weight gain is nothing at all unusual - it actually happens a lot, as you will see if you scan the forum. I reckon 1 in 10 people find the same thing when the train. I always emphasize that it's nothing to worry about, it's a sign that the training is working, but that you should not dwell on the number on the scale as a guideline to how you lose weight. You will lose fat and gain muscle, so the scale will not tell the full story - it doesn't know what the weight is made up of.

So my advice is keep it up - perhaps lower the weights a little bit and reshift to a higher intensity but with lower weights, or back to cardio. Maybe your weight training is so tough that it is causing you to bulk a little too much for your liking. But don't panic you are on the right track.

1
Posted by: A S | 2006/10/27

I believe that kick boxing is the only excersie that tones the body and let you loose alot of fat. All in one.

Reply to A S