Posted by: astound | 2008/07/07

Hi Doctor.

I would like to know if its ok if I start to use a protein supplement and if there will be any change once a stop using it. I only intend on using it for a short period to build some mass.

No, though it depends on which protein supplement you're talking about. They're not all the same. But if it's a pure protein supplement, no added chemicals, then there is no effect once you stop taking it.

Just bear in mind that your training in combination with the protein is crucial and if you're not careful, you'll only succeed in adding fat mass by taking in more energy without training right. So don't neglect the training, which is absolutely vital.

But to answer your question, no ill effects from stopping.