Question
Posted by: lalla | 2006/07/26

gym

Hi I am eating more but want to regain my mussel too , do you think it would be wrong to go to a gym and do weights I dont want to do something that would stop me from gaining weight I alreddy pikked up a kg but need to do 4kg more would it be good to go to gim ,my parents dont think so ?

Hi Lalla

I think that going to gym is a good idea, yes, but your situation is probably what is putting your parents off, and perhaps rightly. Remember, there are 2 reasons for going to gym, one is to build muscle and put on weight, the other is to lose it. Is it possible that your parents are more concerned about your trying to lose weight, especially considering the previous questions I have received from you? I think this is likely, and so it is up to you to convince them that you are going to gym to gain weight. I personally believe that it is healthy and you need to do this, but you must just be very careful. As I said previously, your diet is absolutely vital and if you eat well and combine it with the RIGHT type of exercise, you will gain weight, i am sure. But the two must work in harmony. Perhaps if your parents would like, they can send their own question in and ask specifically what is on their mind or troubling them?

4
Posted by: Muscleaddict | 2006/07/27

Keep away from the cardio if you are underweight. Cardio is good for fitness but can be counter-productive for underweight people trying to gain muscle. If you must keep it to a 10 minute warm up.

Reply to Muscleaddict
Posted by: Ang | 2006/07/27

What does someones spelling have to do with anything? Maybe lalla isn't good at spelling, I am dead sure you are not perfect in everything you do!

I agree with sporty, to build muscle would do you good!!! Doing weight training is also loads of fun if you do it right, thats why if you decide to start weight traing you must seek for the right advise, any fitness consultant will be happy to help you!

Good luck!

Reply to Ang
Posted by: Juan | 2006/07/26

Pleeeeease check your spelling (sic) before you send mail for the world to see

Reply to Juan
Posted by: sporty | 2006/07/26

My answer is yes, you need to go Gym and train weihts in order to build more mussle.

Reply to sporty