Question
Posted by: Marco | 2008/01/31

Gyeano?

Hi, I'm sure I have Gyaenocamastia, the swollen nipples and almost slight breast tissue underneath, it's quite hard and flairs up on occasion, and gets very painful, I've had it all my life(Since puberty) and I want to know if there are any drugs to use rather than surgery? estrogen blockers? I've seen a doc who I don't think has experience with it so her diagnosis was that it was the gland that has become infected and fills with fluid. When she squeezed them it's very painful, but blood and pus did come out, almost as if it's oozing, so I'm confused, but draining it this way just gets rid of the pain and infection when it does flair up but doesn't change their appearance.

Dear Marco
There are a few tests that needs to be done to exclude hormone abnormalities, and then there are medications you can take to reduce the breast enlargement - ask your GP to refer you to a physician.