Posted by: Marco | 2008/01/31


Hi, I'm sure I have Gyaenocamastia, the swollen nipples and almost slight breast tissue underneath, it's quite hard and flairs up on occasion, and gets very painful, I've had it all my life(Since puberty) and I want to know if there are any drugs to use rather than surgery? estrogen blockers? I've seen a doc who I don't think has experience with it so her diagnosis was that it was the gland that has become infected and fills with fluid. When she squeezed them it's very painful, but blood and pus did come out, almost as if it's oozing, so I'm confused, but draining it this way just gets rid of the pain and infection when it does flair up but doesn't change their appearance.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Marco
There are a few tests that needs to be done to exclude hormone abnormalities, and then there are medications you can take to reduce the breast enlargement - ask your GP to refer you to a physician.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.