Question
Posted by: WhiteLilly | 2005/12/06

GUYS - what would you want?

Today it's 2 years since I've met my guy. We're not married, but probably getting close to getting engaged. I want to do something special for him. From a guy's point of view - what would you really enjoy? Thanks...

,,,,,

10
Posted by: friend | 2005/12/06

Many years ago when I was at school I asked my teacher what could I give her for christmas, she replied just get good marks.... in that statement I have come to learn that its not always what you do for others that makes them happy but its what you do for yourselve that sometimes provides greater joy to your loved ones.

Reply to friend
Posted by: Victorinox | 2005/12/06

I would buy him a genuine Swiss Army knife - you know the one with all the little gadgets. He can open tins with it, saw branches, pick his teeth, etc. And it's such a great topic of conversation - he can show all his friends at work, you can discuss all the cute little tools over dinner, he can open your Brutal Fruit in the jacuuzzi. Wow, what a turn on for a man - and the bonus is he will always be ready for anything. Just like a true boy scout. Only problem is that a genuine Swiss Army knife is quite a chick magnet, so be prepared!

Reply to Victorinox
Posted by: WhiteLilly | 2005/12/06

Thanks everyone! Sounds great... I'll definately try most of the above!!!!!

Reply to WhiteLilly
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/06

Personally, I think the best gift you can buy him is something sexy for you to wear. Something revealing but still leaving something to the imgination. Prepare his dinner in it.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Do the dinner thing, but start with giving him a bunch of flowers, even if hand-picked (better, coz it personal), and then the dinner thing, nothing lavich, just simple and effective. The emphasis here is on romance, love, care. Prepare his favourite dish.

As for gifts, thats a hard one, coz dont know what type of man he is, nor what your relationship with him is like.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: blompot | 2005/12/06

What I have done for my guy when we see each other coz we have a long distance relationship, is something like a surprise packet or a survival kit which you can fill up with small goodies? Things that’s maybe humorous, or something that reminds the both of you of a special occasion or memory shared. Let you imagination go – and enjoy looking for these. The best part is when they get to see what is in this packet – it is quite special.

Reply to blompot
Posted by: WhiteLilly | 2005/12/06

Oooh - sounds even better... Budget little bit tight (as christmas etc is coming up) - think I might try this one...
If I were to buy him something?

Reply to WhiteLilly
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

Depends on budget? Do you want to get something for him, or do something for him?

What would you love your man to do for you, even the simplest thing? Do that for him, and you will be amazed at how well it works.

When he gets home, wine and dine him. Wear something very sexy (and easy to get off...), cook him a candlelit dinner, but he must see you cooking and preparing, must see the love and care you put in, and do it slowly and efficiently, while still taking careof him, feedin ghi a snack or two, pouring him wine or something, but absilutely refusing to allow him to help, and refusing to allow him to make it easier for you in any way. treat him like a king, but not in a submissive manner, you are not his slave. You are his "looker-after", his lover, his one and only woman!

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: WhiteLilly | 2005/12/06

Thanks. Sounds great. - Anything else?

Reply to WhiteLilly
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/06

A weekend getaway where you treat him the way you would like to be treated. Flowers, bubble bath, massage, romance romance romance! Even if its only one night away somewhere special, private, and intimate.

All of this rekindles the very reasons you fell in love, brings back the power of "puppy-love".

Reply to figured it out