Question
Posted by: Perm | 2006/04/10

Guys : Relationship after being cheated

I need an inputs from guys .. is there a relationship after cheating. Say your girfriend cheated on you. Is there a possibility to start over and rebuild up to marriage??

Please comment...

Sensible responses from readers, especially thoughtful from SR

5
Posted by: Nto | 2006/04/11

You can try and forgive, but the subject will always come up so in that way it never goes away.

Reply to Nto
Posted by: See | 2006/04/10

If you really love someone and I mean really love someone you can forgive, but I think one never forgets!

Reply to See
Posted by: Just Me | 2006/04/10

Have been cheated once and that was an immediate end of our marriage of 22 years. Will never ever forgive when cheated upon.

Reply to Just Me
Posted by: SR | 2006/04/10

Perm = You need to understand the behaviour that lead up to the cheat. If you understand then there can be healing. The reason for cheating is much more important than the act of cheating. There is something either present or missing from the relationship that has caused the partner to consider cheating and then go out and do it. cheating normally happens in the mind before it happens in real life and maybe your partner has been contemplating this for a while.

Don't berate or ridicule or judge your partner. If your partner is a woman then this will only cause her to clamp up even more and she will never share with you.

There are always trust issues in a relationship after cheating and you both have to work through these. You will always be on the lookout for future signs and forgiveness is sometimes difficult

Reply to SR
Posted by: Me too | 2006/04/10

I cheated and was dumped like a hot potato, never forgiven. Men don't forgive as easily as woman.

Reply to Me too