Question
Posted by: Fat | 2005/12/02

Guys please give your opinion

I am one of those women in this world who is EXTREMELY self conscious and feel fat. I want to know what size/measurements guys really like. You see all these thin girls on TV and modeling and all that and it makes me feel crappy about myself. I heard that model agencies like girls/women who have 90cm bust, 60cm waist and 90cm hips. I measured myself and my bust is 90cm and so are my hips BUT my waist is like 75cm. It plays a big role on my confidence and so on and I can't stop thinking of how I can loose weight! I am exercising and eating right but it takes SO LONG to lose 1kg or 1cm! Just want to know what you guys think.

,,,,,

9
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/02

Potchefstroom.And you?

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Fat | 2005/12/02

Thanks Scrooge! I think I'd have a lot in common with your friend! I also love dancing and my friends say I dance well! Where are you from?

Reply to Fat
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/02

Nothing about you body sound wrong to me.I like girls with a little body.

Being skinny doesn't mean you can do things others. can't .I like dancing for instance.I have danced with many girls with different preportions.I have one lady friend that has more or less your measurements.She is a far better dancer in than a lot of the other skinny girls.I prefer being in her company.She has an excelent and fun personality.

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/02

Your measurements sounds fine to me. Every pot has a lid...thank goodness men dont go for the same thing, as us women also have different tastes.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: twink | 2005/12/02

you know, i used to feel the exact same why you do now, until i took things to far and ended up in hospital.

i'm a tall girl and went from weighing about 68kg's to 48 kg's. it hit me one day when i looked in the mirror and a person i'd never seen before was staring back at me. all because i wanted to be thin. all because i wanted to be accepted.

i now weigh 58kg's. not fat, but not super skinny either, and you know what? guys actually look at me more now than before. men dont want skinny, boney girls. they want beautiful, sexy vuloptuous women. women are meant to be sensual and curvey.

once you accept who you are, you'll become more confident, and then you'll see how many guys will start approaching you. it's not always about appearances, but confidence.

Reply to twink
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/02

hi girl

you have to feel comfortable with yourself and except yourself for the person you are, build on your strenghts and your self esteem

i'm also a fat lady and there are times i would love to be thin and sexy again but look at how i got treated when i was ....
being thin and sexy didn't save me from a cheating hubby or the pain of rejection, unfortuneately weight issues are very complex and needs to be sorted before a diet will work
after my divorce i gained weight and lost more, the first bunce of flowers i received and invite from a guy i lost it and today hide comfortablely behind the weight - not healthy but safe for now - not that i'm unhappy but i know i need to sort it out one time or another

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

I agree with Frusty. We are all different, as long as you make the best of your physical features, you need to make peace with the rest. Don't allow media to set your personal standards. The moment you feel comfortable in your skin (i.e. accept and love yourself the way you are, warts and all), you will have a confidence boost of note. I know for sure that confidence is magnetic, but it can't be faked.

Most the men I know, prefer a bit of flesh. I often wonder if women want to be thin to attract men, or to impress other women.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Sunny | 2005/12/02

Get over yourself. Honestly, having a 76cm waist is not that bad - im sure you are attractive and your body is in proportion.

Reply to Sunny
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/02

Be happy with what and who you are. Most of those people who get thrown at us on T.V. and in magazines have had plastice surgery or are airbrushed. They are the ones that are not normal. I most certainly don't have those measurements but I do appreciate my body exactly the way it is.

We are all unique in every aspect and as such, what one man would like another may hate. Besides, if you meet someone that only wants you for your perfect measurements what kind of relationship would that be?

Just be happy with what you have, look after it as best you can, and have a positive outlook on life.

Reply to Frusty