Posted by: Andrea | 2008/07/06

gum disease

I have the beginning stages of gum disease, my bottom two front teeth are the worst, just been to the dentist and he said that they are slightly lose but nothing to worry about. One of my biggest fears in life is losing my teeth and having to wear dentures. I'm 33 years old, lady. What would my cheaper options be in order to save my teeth, if there are any. And if I had to wear dentures, can you get for just two bottom front teeth, how do they fit in the mouth. Please help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageProsthodontist

Good morning

The condition that causes bone destruction is periodontal disease and if I un-treated, will result in tooth loss. Your dentist will discuss the plan and cost of treatment necessary to stabilize bone loss and if necessary will refer you to a periodontist for specialist treatment. They will also investigate your other teeth to check for any other problem areas. It is very important that you get the problem treated as soon as possible as this will give you the best chances of saving your teeth. Dentures could be made for 2 teeth only, but I would urge you, if possible, to investigate saving those teeth.

Kind regards and good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dave | 2008/07/25

Good Day

Kindly advise how could I treat bleeding gums, this happens more and more as I grow older, even if I go to a dentist for check up and cleaning my teeth, I appear to be bleeding a lot.

Kindly advise how to tackle this problem


Reply to Dave
Posted by: Jan | 2008/07/25


Good advice from the Doc. Also, after having your gums treated, look into having a treatment of Arestin...that is a fairly new medication that is used to inhibit the growth of the bacteria that destroys the underlying bone that holds your teeth in place.
For more information go to the Arestin website. It gives a lot more information than this space allows. I' m planning to have the treatment as soon as my other dental work is done...seating of new crown after determining whether I need a root canal. Yech!
Good luck.

Reply to Jan

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.