Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/13

Guidelines

Hi dietdoc. Season Greetings!
I am determint to think healthy and achieve my healthy goals for a beter healtier lifestyle. I might some changes in holidays and manage to lose kg and about 2% in body fat mainly for swimming which I find is an excellent way of excercise.

My basic eating plan (try to vary it) consist.
Breafast Slice of Toast with Bovril, Ham followed by a cup of green tea later on. A Glass of Water

Snack 100ml Yogurt (trying to get good bacteria going since during pms i struggle with constipation). (tea cup full of all bran)

Lunch consist of a chicken noodle salad / or some noodle salad
usually 220g

Dinner veggies together with a protein - IF I am still slightly hungry at night I will eat another 100ml yogurt.

I do get phlem from dairy so try to avoid it as far as possible.
Every now and again I drink a bit of prune juice *yuck* which helps more then any laxative out there.

I found that if you excercise even just 20 minutes swimming every day then you can have the ocassional slice of pizza or go eat out and enjoy yourself and I drink or two.

I think the balance is between excercise and eating and the one helps th other so you cant really avoid the one. I am not trying to starve myself anymore in 2008 just try to love my body and improve my all in all health i do suffer from cholestrol.

I am 49kg now and my body fat is about 24% - so I just want to lose 1.5 kg and then keep healthy and happy.

Dear Kasandra
Season's Greetings to you too. I am glad to hear that you have already achieved some weight loss with the swimming, which I agree is an excellent aerobic exercise. Your diet sound reasonable and should not increase your cholesterol and will promote weight loss. A body fat% of 24% is actually normal for adult women who are not elite athletes, so you need not reduce it too much. Hope you lose the last 1,5 kg.
Keep up the good work with the swimming.