Question
Posted by: bella | 2005/07/04

guest on drugs

Dear Doc
What happened to the guest you had that specialised on answering drug related questions? I posted a question there and never received an answer?

Sorry, I don't know who you are referring to. I remember that the awful Sex.etc. TV series was accompanied by some reasonable articles from our team, on the topic of Sex and drugs ; and maybe Health24 ( not I! ) asked someone to be a guest expert for questions arising from that show --- but I don't know. if so, who it was, or why he never answered your question. You could try posting it here, in a fresh question in THIS forum.

1
Posted by: tulu | 2005/07/05

My son, aged 21 has been smoking dagga on and off for about 3 years. I have had a heart to heart talk with him and him and his friends don't seem to find a problem with it. They only do it occasionally for recreational use instead of having a few beers they will rather smoke. After a long discussion he has agreed to go and chat to a professional about it but says that the professional will have to convince him that it is a bad thing. He says that it not like alcohol and because it is only occasionally finds nothing wrong with what he is doing. I know that he is not hooked on it but it is still worrying.
I am not sure who he should chat to first. I don't think it is a good idea to chat to our GP because the first person he speaks to should be convincing.
He is doing well at varsity and has been a good kid without any problems to his dad and myself.
Also would like to know whether or not he can be depressed or is he just going through a phase?

Reply to tulu